Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Skeletal Structure...pelvis


Bacchus. Marble, 80in. high. Commission in 1496.
The pelvis I find to be more enjoyable to draw, however, it is a little bit more difficult. I found the difficulties when doing this piece was what was shown and what was hidden.

The Dying Captive. Marble, 7ft high. Belonging to the Julius tomb.1514-1516.
This piece was fairly easy to do compared with the others since it was the front view. It was easier to go by a model and determine what you saw, since you see the whole front that made my job quite easy.


Pieta(Madonna della Febbre). Marble, 69in high. Contract was made on August 27, 1498. The only work by Michelangelo with a genuine signature.
This is my favorite piece by Michelangelo and perhaps my favorite sculpture. This was somewhat of a challenge because, like the first one, I had to figure out what parts are hidden and what would be seen.





All pieces were done by Michelangelo:
Phaidon,(2007). Michelangelo, painting, sculpture, arhitecture (Phaidon Press Limited). New York:NY. (Original work published in 1953)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home