Thursday, November 13, 2008

When in Rome...


This is a sign I made for my aunt and uncles grocery store, formally my father's. It was pretty much the scariest thing I had ever done. The size of this was huge and I had to crawl on it to paint it, on a pair of really wobbly saw horses. I reused the old sign and used whatever I already owned. I really wanted something to catch the eye of the viewer right away, I also had the amazing task of trying to figure out how to make this sign outlast the ever beating sun rays. This sign is placed right on the Sparta Bike Trail, trying to get the bikers to stop in the store. This was the first thing I got paid to do, but since it was for family I'm not sure how or if that really counts for being hired to make a sign.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Fichter [xenia elizabeth] said...

this is great Melissa... i think it counts (no one has to know it's family, right?). it's still a nice job.

November 22, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home