Sunday, September 20, 2009

Skulls Galore!!

Here underneath this paragraph lies my first attempts at the skull. Being that these are my first real drawings of the semester I realized in a hurry that I probably should have kept up with the drawing during my lazy summer. As each drawing was done it was easier to just jump into the whole drawing unlike the first where I spent much of my time thinking about starting.

This was the first of the many, I always start with the profile. For me this is a good starting point, it allows me to get the proportions figured out for a more difficult angle. The size of my cranium is a little short and could use some work.




I decided to draw the 3/4 back view second since I struggle with this angle the most, with the bottom image I really concentrated on blocking things in and really trying to get my proportions figured out. The jaw was the most difficult part especially on the bottom drawing since it lacked the lower jaw.


This was my final drawing, after having finished the back 3/4 I felt like this would go a little smoother. The cranium on this drawing seems a little off, I really hope to eventually tackle teeth and add them to this and the other drawings.

I would really like to work on a different style of drawing since they always come out looking too stylized and almost cartoony. I work a lot with pen so I think I work the same with every other medium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home