Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mulder and SKULLY....it's an X Files reference

These were my second attempt at this wonderful thing of drawing skulls. I've really been working on my technique and my blending/ line work. I'm finding it really difficult not to resort to my old style of drawing really dark. With this image above I had to walk away from it before it ended up looking exactly like all the rest of my drawings.


These were two back views I had gotten done in class. It's proving to be difficult to see just how much detail there is and actually being able to correctly draw it. The drawing on the left was lighter and I think in turn turned out looking better while the one on the right got a little rounded.

I really hope to come in and really try to box everything in and eventually carve away the bumps and groves that are in the skull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home